Microsoft Outlook is an email application that also serves as a personal information manager. It comprises of various advanced features such as task manager, journal, calendar etc. which help the user to schedule and organize their important days and events. Outlook stores the personal information of a user in files of the PST format. As we all know, Outlook also enables users to send/receive emails. However, a user can always import the email in Outlook into the Email List section, to make looking these up easier later.
You can follow the under-mentioned instructions to import the email in Outlook into the Email List section of an Email Invitation collector before seeking assistance from the Windows help:
- In the first step, open the Microsoft Outlook application. Click the Outlook file and then open it. Now, select the Import option. This would open the Import and Export Wizard.
- Once it is opened, highlight Export to a file and select the Next option. In the next step, highlight Microsoft Excel 97-2003, and again click Next.
- Now, highlight Contacts and click the Next option. Choose a location to save the file by clicking Browse and naming the file.
- After naming the file, click Next and choose the Finish option. At any point of time, you can also contact Microsoft support to know how to import email in Outlook.
- Now, you would need to move the columns around so that the Email Addresses are in column A, First Name in column B, Last Name in column C, and any Custom Data in column D. Also, make sure that you delete the rest of the columns so that you only have the 4 columns.
- Now, you can save the file in the CSV format. Open that file using Notepad, and then copy and paste all the data into the import box in email list collector you have created.
Microsoft Outlook also gives you options wherein you can also add this list to your Address Book. You can follow the same steps above instead of copying the list directly into the collector:
- To add the imported email in Outlook to your Address book, click Address Book from the username drop-down menu in the upper right and select the Add a New List, so where you can give your list a name.
- Hence, you would see a confirmation that contacts were successfully added.
Now, you can successfully import the email from Outlook into the Email List section, by following these instructions. You can also check Microsoft’s official website to get more information.