Windows 8 is here and you will be able to upgrade from your Windows 7 systems to the Windows 8 by following a series of simple steps.
Upgrade options available
There are various upgrade options that are available for Windows 7 users who are looking to upgrade Windows 8 operating system.
- By upgrading to Windows 8 using this option, the users will be able to keep their personal settings and files and Windows 7 applications.
- Another upgrade option is the custom installation or the clean installation that doesn’t keep the personal settings, files and Windows 7 applications. You can select this method of Windows 8 installation by clicking on the “Nothing” button on the “Choose what to keep” screen that will appear at the beginning of the Windows 8 upgrade process).
System requirements for upgrading to Windows 8 OS
You need to make sure that you have the necessary hardware available before you can perform the upgrade process from Windows 7 to Windows 8 operating system. Here are the necessary hardware requirements in order to make a successful upgrade to Windows 8 operating system.
- Motion CL900, CL910, C5v/F5v, C5t/F5t, or J3500 Tablet PC running Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP
- Motion Tablet AC power supply
- Active network connection
- Mouse (optional)
Installing Windows 8
- First of all, insert the Windows 8 installation media from DVD or other external media device.
- Select the language and settings from the screen.
- Click on the “Install Now” option.
- To activate the Windows, enter the product key.
- Choose the option to accept the terms of license.
- Click on the “Custom Advanced” button.
- Make sure that for each partition, you select a partition, drive options and continue to delete the partitions until only a single unallocated space exists. Click on the “Next” option.
- The installation process will now be started. Make sure that:
- Installation media is not removed before the installation process is over.
- You wait patiently till the process is over as it could be a lengthy process.
- Personalize the settings and give a name to the computer.
- Choose the “Express settings” option.
- Create a username and password.
These are the instructions that you should follow in order to do a successful Windows 8 OS installation.